1/2 cup almonds
1 1/2 cups walnuts
10 medjool dates, pitted
1 large carrot, grated
1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of sea salt
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1 cup coconut flakes
1. Place almonds in a food processor and grind into a flour.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor, except coconut flakes and process them until combined.
3. Take about 1 tablespoon of the mixture at a time and roll it into balls.
4. Roll the balls into the coconut flakes to coat.
5. Place balls in the fridge, for 30 minutes before eating.
Store balls in an airtight container. These will keep for up to two weeks in the fridge or a few months in the freezer.