Updated: Nov 11
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
About 15 leaves of Swiss Chard
Sea salt and crushed red pepper flakes to taste
1. Rinse out the Swiss chard leaves thoroughly.
2. Chop the leaves and stems into inch-wide strips.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
4. Add Swiss chard leaves and stems to the skillet and season with sea salt. Cook, tossing often, just until all chard is wilted.
5. Turn off the heat, and let it sit about 4 minutes, this will allow the stems to soften a little more without overcooking the leaves.
6. Season with red pepper flakes and serve!