You eat well ✔️
You exercise regularly ✔️
You even restrict your calories ✔️
So what gives?
You may have lost some weight but, now you’ve hit a plateau.
Here’s what’s happening:
•You eat food
•You chew it -this is where digestion begins
•Stomach acids breaks it down further
•In the small intestine, liver finishes the digestion process and here, all the nutrients from your food enter the blood stream.
•Before feeding all of your cells the nutrient rich blood will be filtered by the liver. After your liver filters the blood, the blood will be sent to the heart to be pumped to all the cells.
Okay, but how does this affect my weight?
Your liver has many functions, including filtering your blood.
When the liver is overrun by:
-too many fats
-toxins from our environment such as, pesticides, plastics, perfumes, cosmetics, air fresheners, cleaning products, etc
-toxins we may have been born with, passed down from generations
It can’t filter the blood properly, leaving it unclean. This is also know as “dirty blood”.
The body is always working for you and dealing with situations as best it can. Therefore, instead of keeping the blood dirty, it will make fat and store the toxins in the fat it makes.
Since fat is on the outside of the body and away from important organs this is a “smart” solution.
Note: This does not mean that if someone is thin they are healthy! Some people’s bodies won’t make fat to store toxins. Instead, it will store the toxins in the organs.
So now what?
How do I get rid of the unwanted weight gain and clean my liver?
1. Remove the heavy metals with this smoothie
2. Stop using toxic substances such as, perfumes, cosmetics and cleaning products. Try natural brands and D.Y.I natural solutions.
3. Remove: eggs, dairy, gluten, pork...I know, I know this one is hard, but if you wanna see results, you gotta try
4. Lower your fat intake. Too many nuts, seeds, oils and animal products are a burden on your liver. Reduce your consumption by 50%
5. Increase the amount raw fruits and vegetables you eat in a day.
Aim to always have something fresh and raw with every meal and snack.
6. Keep exercising. Sweating and deep breathing help the body rid itself of toxins.
7. Lower your stress. Not only are adrenaline and cortisol surges hard on the liver, they also cause your blood sugars to rise. Having high blood sugar levels, and low stress inducing activity (such as a life threatening situation causing you to run with great intensity) inhibits the sugar from being burned.
This results in weight gain and can lead to cellular inflammation. Your body also retains water as part of an inflammatory process, while trying to dilute the excess stress hormones.
Reduce your intake of coffee and dark chocolate which raises these hormones.
The cleaner your liver gets:
-the less hungry you will be. You won’t have to force yourself to eat less it will happen automatically.
-You will have more energy. You’ll find yourself wanting to move and exercise more.
-You will feel less anxious, less stressed, and you’ll be sleeping better.
And just like that the weight will melt off.
If you are dealing with other issues such as thyroid, menopause, autoimmune disorders, digestive issues, etc, these tips are just as effective.
If you would like a more personalized approach tailored to your needs book a call and we can find a solution for you!
P.s I will be offering Zoom appointments! As always, a Naturopath insurance receipt is available!